Surveying services we offer to quarries
At Landair Surveys, we have been surveying for the quarry industry since our very beginning in 1974. Quarry operators need professional, timely and accurate spatial data to assist in managing their operations and sites.
We utilise the most appropriate technology for the required task: Manned Aircraft, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (drones or Remotely Piloted Aircraft), ground survey with laser scanners, GPS and total stations or even surveys under water using our boat!
One of the major risks facing quarries is staying within relevant boundaries and accurate and timely mapping can mitigate this risk.
To stay up to date with industry issues such as site rehabilitation, vegetation management, cultural and heritage management, resource sterilisation and residential encroachment we are members of the Institute of Quarrying Australia (IQA) and the Construction Materials Processors Association (CMPA).
Our support for the quarry industry is demonstrated by our sponsorship of the annual Institute of Quarrying Australia annual conference for the past five years. We also sponsor the annual IQA Victorian student awards presentation evening.
Further information on the services we offer Quarries
Quarry surveying resources
The information given in this paper is advisory only. The relevant legislative framework and guidelines should be consulted in addition to the general principles found in this paper.
Did You Know?
Landair Surveys assists quarries by:
- Stockpile and resource volume calculations;
- Marking extraction limits and no go zones on the ground;
- Undertaking cadastral surveys to determine and mark Work Authority and Land boundaries;
- Locating underground services;
- Monitoring surveys of quarry faces, dams and slimes ponds;
- Engineering surveys for haul road and other civil works;
- Laser scanning surveys for plant design and replacement;
- Preparation of Traffic Management, Site Safety, Underground Services and Boundary Limit plans, overlaid onto orthophotos;
- Quarry face mapping;
- Royalty volume calculations;
- Stripping and overburden volume surveys.